Mountain of mystery Miraculous legends inhabit Mt. Misen.
Kiezu-no-hi (The Eternal Flame)
- The miraculous flame has been burning for over 1,200 years.
- This holy fire, which Kobo Daishi used as part of his religious training, is burning now after 1,200 years in the Kiezu-no-Reikado Hall. It is said that holy water boiled with this fire works for all sorts of diseases. It was also used as the pilot light for the Flame of Peace in Hiroshima’s Peace Memorial Park.
Kiezu-no-Reikado Hall, which has kept a holy fire burning for over 1,200 years, is designated as a Lover’s Sanctuary – as a place bringing more happiness to its visitors.
- Holy hall standing on the former training site used by Kukai, posthumously known as Kobo Daishi
- It is said that this hall stands on the site where Kobo Daishi built a hall to practice a 100-day Buddhism training. Kobo Daishi was looking for holy sites after returning from China.
- Well-being of the family and prosperity in business
- The hall is unique in that it enshrines oni, or awesome deities. Praying to the deities is good for the well-being of the family and prosperity in business.
- Like the shrine was built in the sky!
- It is said that it was built to the rear (Oku-no-miya), when Itsukushima Shrine was built by Taira-no-Kiyomori. It enshrines the same deities as Itsukushima Shrine.
- Momijidani Park, Miyajima-cho, Hatsukaichi-shi, Hiroshima-ken 739-0522