Fares and Hours
|Classification||Round trip||One way|
|Group rate (※)||Adult||¥1,620||¥900|
- Adult: 12 years old and over (junior high school students and older)
- Child: 6-12 years old (elementary school students)
- One child under 6 years old accompanied by a guardian is admitted free of charge.
For every additional child, the child fare is applied.
- Group rates are available for parties of 25 and over.
- Discount rates are available for people with physical disability certificates,intellectual disability certificates and certificates for the mentally ill.
(please present your certificate.)
|Seasonal adjustment||Hours||Final return departure time|
Suspension of Service: Bad weather (strong winds, thunderstorms, etc.) and periodic maintenance twice a year (around February and July).
Operating hours will be modified during Golden Week and the mid-summer Obon Holidays.
Guide to Miyajima Ropeway
Miyajima Ropeway operates two types of aerial ropeway systems, circulating and funicular in series, which is unique in Japan. As if walking in the sky, you can enjoy spectacular views of the Seto Inland Sea and primeval forest.
Circulating type ropeway
Momijidani Line (Momijidani – Kayatani)
This system operates a number of gondolas for small groups of passengers at fixed intervals. The system is suitable for long-distance transport. The Momijidani Line runs 8-seater gondola carriers (max. 22 units) at about 1-minute intervals.
Funicular type ropeway
Shishiiwa Line (Kayatani – Shishiiwa)
The system operates two large carriers alternately between the mountainside and summit. It is suitable for high-speed transport. The Shishiiwa Line runs 30-seater gondola carriers at 15-minute intervals (shorter intervals during busy hours).
Round trip from Momijidani Station
To Shishiiwa Station for about one hour there and back
Mt.Misen up to the top / about one hour plus there and back